Thursday, June 19, 2014

Obsessions


Obsession with the color: Black

Hey guys! 

So I decided to start a new series called "obsession with the color" and I'm going to be posting my favorite things in this color and I'll also being posting some color psychology or facts along with it! 

*Drum roll* Today's color is Black! 

A little intro about the color before we get started with the posts: 

  • Black, as you know it, can be a color of mystery. Often associated with the secretive and the unknown.
  • Black can also be seen as a color of sophistication; tied with elegance, affluence and confidence. 
  • Fashion tip: Black is used in fashion as it is seen as a slimming color! 
  • And we also  know this one - It can also been a dark and depressing color often associated with death or mourning. 
Now moving on the posts: 

1.) A lace dress: 


So I got this skater lace dress from Forever21 and I absolutely love it! It has little cutouts on the sides and a golden zipper on the back. The neckline is see-through and it merges with with a sweetheart style dress. I love how I can wear to either a college party or an evening dinner with the right accessories and outerwear. 

2.) A floral print skirt



I got this skirt a long time back from a small boutique. I love it to this day! It's cute, colorful and fun! 
It's my favorite staple during the summer!

3.) A floppy hat


I love how the gold adds a little edge to the hat making it chic. 

4.) Gladiators 




I got these a while back from Bangkok. I love the style, the details and the sequins. 

5.) Pumps. 



you know those times when you go to a store to busy something you need and then get distracted and end by buying something else that you absolutely love? That's exactly what happened to me! I walked into the store wanting to buy a pair of formal shoes for a presentation with a 2" heel but ended up with these! I love the gold detailing and it's suede. I ended up wearing these beauties to the presentation and an interview later! It was totally worth the buy~

Store: JCPenny 









No comments:

Post a Comment